Thursday, July 8, 2010



I dont update this thing enough. I thought that having things to blog about would help; the idea springs up, for sure, but I never make my way over to a computer to dump them out, so they stay in my brain.

There's just too much to do. Finals are today. I made a kite out of fused plastic bags, cut them and sewed them together like a patchwork quilt, and the frame is stabilized by a ruler and a rubber kitchen scraper. My little FrankenKite does fly, though. I haven't taken it out of my bag yet so it remains unscrutinized. The 6" particle board cube next to me doesn't fit in said bag, however, so people still have something to look at. My wood working skills are much keener that kite-making, so I enjoy the looks. I will soon turn it into a portal cube :D

 I'm partially glad that my Sculpture class is over. I needed the block of time to focus on art, for sure, and a new string of projects, but I'll be glad when I have more time to focus on the things I've been mulling around in my brain. I'll be starting my last ASL class and a Terrorism class ... who knows how that's going to turn out. Hopefully not too demanding; I have a product line to shoot, things to price and list, and more things to crank out before school starts again ... and the holiday season begins. Dum dum dummmm!

Anyway, wanted to do a quick update. I cant promise you that they'll be too close together, but dammit, I'll try. I think about blogging more often than I ever did, so now I just need that to translate into doing the blogging. The pictures I've been cranking out lately are fantastic.

Happy almost-weekend!

0 comments: