Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Today was interesting. After having one of the best days of my life on the 4th of this month, I am now hit in the face with reality. Because of my academic standing, my scholarships have been dropped and I can no longer afford to attend college. I have one loan out for 3k, which I don't need to start paying right away, unlike the credit card bill I have.
Looking on the bright side, I will be getting more hours at work, so hopefully this will help to remedy my monetary woes.
The sucky part is that my family will be livid about the lack of a college degree at this point in my life. I remind our readers of this simple fact: a slip of paper DOES NOT make you who you are. If you work harder than a college graduate, and have a better resume, you have a shot at their job. Unless it's for a doctor or something haha.

I suppose the point of this post is to validate our readers with the idea that you can be your own success story, without a degree, as long as you believe in yourself and do whatever it takes to make you happy. If people are mad at you for that, chances are they are just jealous because they are working 12 hour shifts at a doctor's office ;-)

Another lesson is that jealousy is a truely ugly quality in anyone, and it will probably drive whomever further away because jealous people may behave irrationally. I am guilty of this. With the Internet as my witness, I am going to work on this part of myself.
Have a rad[ical] night!

0 comments: